The NRSWA Re-Assessment process was introduced to improve the standard of workers on the highway following new regulations that came into force in April 2010.
On 6th April 2017 new regulations came into force, the old regulations (see below) required you to take your re-assessment in a 6 month window either side of their expiry date.
The new regulations allow you to take the re-assessment course up to 5 years after your expiry date, as soon as your certificates expire though you will not be qualified to perform the work that certificate covers.
Key points of the new regulations:
- Cards won't have an expiry date, instead you will have certificate expiry dates.
- You can add certificates to your card at any point, each certificate will last for 5 years.
- When a certificate approaches expiry you will be able to renew it any time in its last year without losing the unexpired portion. Ex you renew a certificate with 10 months left, your new certificate will last for 5 years and 10 months.
- You can take your re-assessment more than a year before it expires but the new certificate will last for 6 years maximum only.
- A certificate is not valid once it has expire but it can be renewed by re-assessment any time up to 5 years after this date. Useful if you stop doing streetworks for a while then return to the industry.
If you are unsure on the course you need or have any questions regarding the re-assessment courses please call our team who will be happy to help.
Find your nearest location using the search box on this page by searching via your location or postcode, if you can't find what you are looking for chat online or call us now, a member of our training team can find your most suitable course and answer any questions you have. If you know the course you want book online now to secure your place.
Need a group trained? Great discounts available on group bookings, contact the training team to find out more.
Old Regulations (pre 6th April 2017)
The window for re-registration of a streetworks card used to be six months before and six months after it's expiry date. If you were out of that period you'd have to take the full course again. Now you can take your re-assessment course up to 5 years after the expiry date of your certificates.
If you need to renew your white card (supervisor and operative units) please call for prices, prices listed online are for individual cards only.